As we have been discussing throughout the last few weeks , tourism in South Africa is currently experiencing unprecedented growth. This has a great deal to do with the continuing efforts of South African Tourism, but we also like to think that our beautiful nation has a little something to do with it as well. We thought it might be fun to look at ten reasons why people should come and visit with us here in South Africa!
1. Affordability – Times are tough all over the world, and everyone is looking for an affordable holiday. In South Africa it is possible to enjoy luxury without breaking the bank! With the help of fly.co.za you can also find the cheapest flights to South Africa and save even more money.
2. Natural Beauty – The scenic views in South Africa are legendary all over the world. Table Mountain and God’s Window are just wo of the breathtaking natural sites. We have some of the most beautiful mountains, forests, deserts and coastline views.
3. Adventure – One of the biggest selling points when it comes to South Africa is that many consider us to be the Adventurer’s capital of the world!We boast more than 130 different opportunities to have your own adventure with everything from mountain walks to shark diving to get that adrenaline pumping!
4. Diversity – South Africa is often known as the Rainbow Nation thanks to the diverse culture. We are happy to celebrate all of our African and immigrant cultures and love to show off our 11 official languages. We can also offer tourists a unique combo of wildlife, adventure, nature, history and entertainment so that there is something for everyone.
5. Beautiful Weather – The weather in South Africa is beautiful and allows our visitors the opportunity to enjoy the great outdoors all year round. Where else can you play golf all winter and spend time on the coast whenever you feel like it.
6. Wildlife - South Africa has a huge variety of wildlife to enjoy. There is the famous ‘big five’ : Buffalo, Elephant, Leopard, Lion and Rhino and also around 230 other mammals, not to mention the thousands of species of birds and insects.
7. History of Freedom – South Africa has a long history and many tourists enjoy discovering our nation’s struggle for freedom. Follow the life of Nelson Mandela, Hector Pieterson and other revolutionaries. The story is inspiring to anyone.
8. World Class Facilities – We are proud to be able to offer our visitors the best possible facilities. With comfortable accommodation and gourmet dining whether your style is Afro-chic or authentic African tradition we will ensure you enjoy your stay.
9. World Famous Wines – Our wine routes are famous all over the world, come along and sample some of our international best selling wines.
10. Responsible Tourism – We are proud of our protected areas which contribute to social and conservation projects. There are plenty of chances for visitors to get involved.